Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our trip to the grocery store...

After Kate and I began rounding in the hospital which was crowded with kids and their parents who were trying to feed them, I started to feel lightheaded. My differential diagnosis for my lightheadedness included lack of sleep, lack of food, and lack of water. Seeing that I looked out of it and was leaning to one side, the attending suggested that I go get lunch. Which would be easy if Kate and I actually had money. So we went to the grocery store with our friend Ernest who drove us to this large store which also had an ATM. The grocery store looked a lot like any American store with fresh fruits, veggies, peanut butter, and Nuthella of course. After picking out food that looked safe (i.e. rice and cereal) Kate and I also picked up a bottle of wine. The hummus there was great as well! After replenishing our food and water we headed back to the clinic where we finished rounding and spent 2 hours learning some Setswana. We now know roughly 3 or 4 phrases and will learn some more tomorrow. Go siame- good bye!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and of course the wine helped you feel less lightheaded! was this south african wine?

Kate said...

who r u ir?